Could you benefit from regular computer help? Many small organisations,
especially charity and community group offices, cannot afford dedicated
IT staff and, as a result, can find computer-related problems getting
out of hand.
Here is a common scenario we have found many times:
At some point, an individual worker who was 'good with computers' has
taken responsibility for PCs, looking after problems. That worker leaves.
No one else quite knows what she or he did or what was left undone.
One day, something strange starts happening to Word files. Maybe there
is a virus, but how to find out? Next, the printer doesn't work, or
the internet connection packs up, etc. Sound familiar?
No one knows where the manuals for the PCs are, no one remembers what
happened to the software CDs, no one knows if there is anti-virus software
installed, if it works, how to update it, and so on. A well-meaning
friend tries to help out and things get worse.
In the middle of this, a major funding application is due for submission
and time is of the essence. Chaos with the computers, the application
is late, and the stress level is off the scales.
We can help
SoHo Computer Solutions can offer regular part-time IT Support contracts
for any length of time, custom-made to suit the particular requirements
of your organisation. Here is an example of a contract scenario:
- we bring order to computer-related chaos by one-off initial documentation
of each PC in the office, providing precise information about hardware,
software, manuals, licences, etc. for each PC
- we get each PC into good condition with a health check & clean-up
- we advise about & carry out upgrades
- recommendations are made for regular maintenance
- user skills and interest in IT maintenance tasks are assessed
- a plan is devised, through consultation, to keep PCs regularly maintained,
upgraded and replaced, when & if necessary (with new or refurbished
- Contingency plans are made for emergencies & put into the contract
SoHo visits regularly e.g 2, 3, 4 hours weekly or monthly to carry
out regular tasks for example:
- hard drive maintenance
- backups & verification
- anti-virus maintenance
- general hardware monitoring
- clean PCs & peripherals as necessary
- emergencies are dealt with as required
This is only a typical example of simple IT Support contract options
- call us for an informal chat about what you think you might need to
get your office IT issues organised. We can work out a plan to suit your
needs as well as your budget.